1. Can we form teams?
2. How can I see and contact who is on my team?
3. What is a team message?
4. How do I join or create a team?
5. How do I find a team to join?
6. How do I register my team?
7. How do I add members to my team?
8. Can a volunteer join a team?
9. What is the incentive for being on a team?
10. Can I host a team meeting for my team?
1. Can we form teams? Yes. You can form a new team or join an existing team at the time of registration. If you decide to become a team member after registering contact the MessFest office to make the change. Return to top.
2. How can I see and contact who is on my team? Login to the site using your Username and Password. Go to your Participant Center and click the "team progress" tab; this will allow you to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member. Under the Team Roster portion of the "team progress" page you will see a link for "send an email to my team." Use this to contact your fellow teammates. Return to top.
3. What is a team message? Team captains can simply go to the Participant Center and click the "Update Message to Team" button. This will allow you to make all necessary changes to your team message. Return to top.
4. How do I join or create a team? If you haven't registered as a participant or volunteer for the event yet, you may register online using the "Register" button above, and select “Form a New Team” or "Join Existing Team." Search for the name of the team you want to join and select it. Or call 651-209-8387 to register and indicate that you would like to join a team. Let us know the team name and we will be happy to get you started. If you've decided to join or form a team after you've already registered, call 651-209-8387 and let us know so we can update your record. Return to top.
5. How do I find a team to join? If you are participating alone, like many others, but would like to join a team we encourage you to join the beneficiary team (Miracles of Mitch Foundation). You can do so at the time of registration or by contacting the Ride office at 651-209-8387 or MessFest@charityeventsofminnesota.org and we’ll take care of it for you. Return to top.
6. How do I register my team? If you haven't registered as a participant or volunteer yet, you may register online and select "Form a New Team".
If you've decided to form a team after you've already registered, contact the MessFest office and let us know your desired team name and we’ll take care of it for you.
Once the team name is registered, all team members that are already registered can join the team by contacting the MessFest office. Team members who are not yet registered can select the “Join Existing Team” option when processing their registration on www.messfest.org Return to top.
7. How do I add members to my team? Contact the MessFest office at 651-209-8387 or MessFest@charityeventsofminnesota.org and let us know what team members to add and we’ll take care of it for you. Return to top.
8. Can a volunteer join a team? Yes. If you are a volunteer, you can join a team with your friends/family/coworkers but you will also be assigned to a Volunteer Team to fulfill a specific function on the event (e.g., Slopstacle Station Volunteer Team, Course Volunteer Team, Check-In Volunteer Team, etc). You can still form a team for the purposes of fundraising and support with other volunteers and Riders. Return to top.
9. What is the incentive for being on a team? On a team, you are surrounded by other people who are also on this awesome event. Many teams support each other by doing fundraising events (so you can qualify for great prizes), having meetings to check in and see how all the members are doing, and much more. Return to top.
10. Can I host a team meeting for my team? Yes! Team meetings are a great way to share ideas, stay motivated and help each other with fundraising and training. The more active the team, the more fun the experience will be. Team meetings are also a great way to recruit new teammates! Return to top.