1. What and when is Perk's MessFest presented by RE/MAX Results? And who is this Perk you speak of?
2. Do I have to raise money and what is the registration fee?
3. Before You Register: The Important Things to Know
4. Who does the event benefit?
5. What is the route/how far do we run/walk?
6. Is the event fully supported?
7. Do you need corporate sponsorship or in-kind donations?
8. Do you have anything I can give my friends about the event?
9. Who is Charity Events of Minnesota?
10. How do I register?
11. What if I can't finish the mileage?
12. Is there an insurance requirement to register?
13. What if it rains while on the event?
14. What do I need to bring with me?
15. Are there showers?
16. Will food and first aid service be provided?
17. What costs will there be for me during the actual event?
18. I'm flying in from out of town. What hotel should I book for before/after the event?
1. What and when is MessFest? Perk's MessFest presented by RE/MAX Results is a one-day, family-friendly, fundraising slopstacle course event, geared towards youth and families, that takes place on Saturday, September 20, 2014. And Perk, well, everyone knows Perk?!? Eric Perkins is the Sports Director at KARE 11 and co-host of the morning show on 96.3 K-TWIN radio. Perk, along with his wife and children, have volunteered their time, talents and name to this event to help kids with cancer. We appreciate the support of the Perkins family. Return to top.
2. How much do I have to raise and what is the registration fee? Fundraising is not required, however, it's the only way to qualify for great prizes and, more importantly, the only way we can help raise money and awareness for kids fighting cancer.
The registration fee structure is as follows:
Before June 30, 2014: Adults (18+) $30, Minors (Under 18) $20.
July 1 - July 31, 2014: Adults (18+) $35, Minors (Under 18) $25.
August 1 - September 20, 2014: Adults (18+) $39, Minors (under 18) $29.
Return to top.
3. Before You Register: The Important Things to Know
- Technically, MessFest is open to all ages, however, it is geared towards youth and families. All obstacles are designed for minors under 18 years old. If you're an adult and you're looking for an extreme mud run (like Tough Mudder), this probably isn't the event for you. Again, this is a fun run style event that's all about getting kids, teens and their families messy while raising money to help kids with cancer.
- The registration fee and all donations are non-refundable and non-transferable. This means that once a donation is posted to a participant's account it cannot be moved to another participant's account for any reason, regardless of whether or not you're able to participate in the event. Additionally, donations cannot be refunded.
- MessFest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse registration and/or participation to anyone at any time before or during the event. So be kind, have fun and get messy. Return to top.
5. What is the route? We have selected two great courses; a 1 mile course and a 2 mile course. While both courses are mostly flat, the 2 mile course has a shortcut if you've bitten off more than you can chew. Return to top.
7. Do you need corporate sponsorship or in-kind donations? We sure do! If you have someone willing to make a cash or in-kind donation, please contact us at 61-209-8387. Return to top.
8. Do you have anything I can give my friends about the event? Yes. Email us your mailing address and we'd be happy to mail out some materials to you. Also, feel free to also pass along the a brochure, registration form and donation form. Return to top.
9. Who is Charity Events of Minnesota? CEoM is the nonprofit organization that produces MessFest. We are a registered 501(c)3 and our tax exempt/EIN number is 20-8160744. Return to top.
10. How do I register? Click the "Register" button/link above, select your participation type and answer all of the questions as you will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt. If you don't wish to register online, call 651-209-8387 and we will be happy to take your registration over the phone. Return to top.
11. What if I can't run/walk that far? Don't worry, you got this! MessFest is all about having a good time, so come and give it your best shot. Take your time if you need to and walk the course...or be a speed demon and rush through it. Return to top.
12. Is there an insurance requirement to register for the event? It is not mandatory, but having health insurance is highly suggested. Though the event provides basic first aid services without charge, personal health insurance is needed to cover the cost of any medical care received away from the event. For example: if emergency room or ambulance transport is necessary, insurance coverage may apply (the participant is responsible for all charges/expenses). Check with your insurance company for the terms of your individual policy. Return to top.
13. What if it rains while on the event? Then you will get wet. MessFest happens rain or shine. We do monitor the weather during the event and make arrangements should foul weather become a factor. Return to top.
14. What do I need to bring with me? We recommend wearing old shoes and clothes that you don't mind them getting messy and bringing a towel and garbage bag. We also suggest leaving your cell phone and cameras in the car if you're going to be going through the slopstacles. (Parents who are escorting their kids and don't plan on doing the slopstacles can carry phones at their own risk). Return to top.
15. Are there showers? No, showers are not provided but we will have a wash station/sprinklers to rinse off. Return to top.
16. Will food and first aid service be provided? A food truck will be available to purchase food and drinks from. We will provide basic first aid. Return to top.
17. What costs will there be for me during the actual event? Money for any food, drink or merchadise that you choose to purchase. Return to top.
18. I'm flying in from out of town. What hotel should I book for before/after the event? We suggest finding a hotel in Lakeville, MN. Return to top.